Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Reckoning! An attempt to make things right with the blogging world

Thoughts, good and bad, dance around in my head on a daily bases! Some (in my opinion) are worth sharing and need an outlet. Some... best left to suffer the fate of many thoughts and need to be left alone. I have been absent from this blog world for over a year now and to be honest, wish I had invested some more time in it. In the last year so much has happened. God has been working in so many ways and this is one way to brag about what an awesome God I serve! More for my benefit, I would like to give a run down on all God has done in the past year...

-April 16, 2008- God showed me the most amazing women in the world was right under my nose. She accepted a proposal to see if God was leading us to be together.

-June 2008- God answered my prayer and confirmed that Jennifer Fletcher was the women I would marry. He provided the money for a ring through my uncle.

-August 23, 2008- I asked her to marry me.....Oh yeah.... she said yes. We planned on getting married in January.

-October 18, 2008- We got married! We didn't want to wait!

-January- April 2009- Struggling in ministry. I didn't have clarity on what to do. I didn't see movement, alignment or focus in any ministry I was involved in. God was good through this time, comforting my heart, encouraging me through His word, friends, co-workers and of course my new bride.

-May 2008- God lead me to some things, a book, Simple Church , as well as some honest dialogue with people that gave some answers to what God was calling me to. As well as some podcasts that talked about biblical principles of church.

-The present.... really desiring to disciple some young men and our youth group to see, know, serve and show Jesus. God has called me out of a rut. He has been answering prayers and sustaining me as i form disciplines to follow Him more intimately. I don't want to become the new Pharisee, I want to be closer to Jesus. This thought has changed everything!

I pray that God would use this blog site to encourage the saints and give testimony that He is alive and well! I pray that the typed thoughts on this page and meditations of my heart would be pleasing to You, My rock and my redeemer!

And to the readers of this blog..... I hope you find encouragement in the thoughts shared here. Hopefully, I can keep this up!


No comments:

Post a Comment